Fashion trends come and go, but floral inspirations will forever have a place in the Hall of Fame!
Flowers depict feminine beauty and women irrespective of age and origin are enraptured by their very presence. When you think of printed fabrics, the first one to pop into your head is the alluring flowers, delicately scattered to make the dresses charming. Many designers have experimented with florals since 90’s and it’s still one of the most ubiquitous motifs in fashion! Inherently beautiful and available in a million different colors, prints, textures, and styles, florals are the favourites at Miss Nikky’s too!
Florals are a wardrobe staple, but how did the motif become so prevalent?
Certainly they lend a touch of loveliness to a garment, but so can any other type of imagery. Aesthetics are only a part of the equation.
Long ago, flowers held a deep meaning and symbolism which induced in the people to imbue them into their clothes. In addition to being an universal symbol of femininity, flowers are an easy way to brighten up an outfit. Fashion of floral apparels have been around for quite a while now and don’t show any signs of leaving, but have you ever stopped to wonder when we first started wearing them? When did the flowers move from the gardens to the garments?
– For centuries people around the world used real flowers to decorate clothing – with floral wreaths, bouquets, and brooches. It was during 12th century that China fabrics were beautifully embroidered with flowers and scenes of nature were used in clothing.This trend quickly swept through many other middle eastern and Asian countries.
Floral apparels could simply be slayed without any supporting element to it.
From formals to casuals to vacation- Florals make everything more happening.
Many festive and intricate clothing by designers and brands like Dior, The Catwalk Italia,Ralph Russo, etc. -Haute Couture have beautifully showered floral textures and prints in their shows and famed collections.
Still need us to convince you to get florals in your wardrobe? Here’s why-
- Florals go with any type of clothing- Sarong, beachwear, formal blazers, pants, jeans, leggings, tops, blouses, etc.
- Florals never get off the trending train
- Florals go with prints as well as plains equally awesomely.
- Floral footwears also brighten up any outfit, any day!
- Florals breathe life and adds a punk to your boring clothes, you can match them with any old/new dress to bring them to life.
- Bruno Mars loves florals! -Couldn’t find a better reason than this! 😉
How to wear the prevailing upscale floral apparels-